Sunday, May 14, 2006

The prodigal pig returns

What a great Mother's Day surprise: a phone call from a neighbor who found Hogitha eating purple ice cream in the middle of the road a mile from home last weekend. The neighbor loaded her into a Jeep and carted her off to a feed store. Someone at the feed store had always wanted a pig (don't we all?) and promptly took her home and named her Molly. So while I was out wondering the plains, losing sleep, thinking the worst, good old Hogitha was snug as a bug in a rug munching on fresh carrots and being fawned upon by grandchildren. Fortunately, the person who originally threw purple ice cream at her in the road saw my flyer and word travelled in this small town and Friday night I found the folks who had my beloved pig. They were ecstatic to get rid of her as she had already rototilled the new owners' immaculate garden and scared their horses. Here she is telling me all about her adventures:A special thanks to all the folks who took care of her during her week of rambling. I'm sure they are readers of this blog.

In keeping with the theme of Mother's Day and kids, here are some pictures of my other kids. They are so much cuter when they are sleeping.

And, of course, we can't forget the ducks, can we?
Hope you all have pleasant surprises and are able to reflect on the joys of parenting, in its various forms, today as well.

Incidentally, I am now officially the crazy pig lady of Tehachapi. Oh, and it looks like I may have a date in Tehachapi soon. Yep, the guy I hired to grade my driveway asked me to dinner at the local Chinese buffet. Not sure if it was the muscle shirt or old felt cowboy hat or the John Deere tractor, but I said "Sure, why not?"

3 comments:

MB said...

Names, you have to get me names.

Oh, by the way, what the hell are those ducks straining to look at?

Anonymous said...

Time for a fence. For the pig, I mean.

Sara said...

Believe me, ALL kids are cuter when they're sleeping.

:)