Monday, December 11, 2006

It's that time again...


...Yes, it's time to have my annual shot of Jager and solicit my faithful readers and the public at large to donate to the great cause that is the Sarah Moody Memorial Scholarship. Yes, the only scholarship that rewards the lowest ranking person in a respective graduating class with cold, hard cash. I told you I was glib...

Hard to believe it's been four years since my good friend Sarah passed away. Also difficult to fathom how one good person leaving your life for good can still make you think about stuff four years later.

Don't worry, the scholarship is completely legitimate and you will get an official tax write-off for donating any amount above $25. This is the website for the VCCF. To donate, mail a check, payable to the "Sarah Moody Scholarship Fund" or "VCCF" (be sure to note that it's for the Sarah Moody Fund) to the address below:
Sarah Moody Memorial Scholarship
Ventura County Community Foundation
1317 Del Norte Road, Suite 150
Camarillo, CA 93010
I know, I know...Everyone's asking for money this time of year. So if you don't want to give to this worthy cause, pick another one that is dear to your heart or just do something nice (as much as it hurts, this includes you, MB). Oh, and order a shot of Jager or whatever your poison is and raise a toast to good friends, fond memories, and low GPAs.

2 comments:

MB said...

Wait a minute....I call you all the time.

I thought that was charity work.

:-)

BH said...

Maybe you want to contribute to the BH Burn Fund?