Tuesday, June 22, 2004

SEEING RED

Finally recovering after heading to San Diego for the annual RED DRESS RUN this past weekend. Imagine approximately 2,000 men and women donning red dresses run through the streets of San Diego drinking beer, blowing whistles, and breaking heels. My memory is vague as I began drinking beer while dressing for the run. I opted for a red teddy with matching thong and running shoes, of course. Then it was off to the main cruise ship terminal to join the mass of red. It's all a blur after that. There was dancing and debauchery and I believe I urinated on a tree while standing up. Yet another hidden talent I have...

The next morning was a rough one. Had to be on the bus to Mexico by noon. How can people drink beer that early? Five bus loads of recovering red dressers were heading ot Rosarito Beach for Mexican Mardi Gras. The buses had ratings taped to the sides...there was the Naked Bus, and then the respective X, R and PG buses. I ended up on the PG bus because I was late to arrive at the terminal. And yes, you were required to be naked on the naked bus. I pity the next bus tour's passengers...

Mexican Mardi Gras consists of running through and around Rosarito Beach blowing whistles and drinking beer during the day then donning costumes and doing a pub crawl at night. I was an S&M woman, complete with leather dress, combat boots, riding crop, handcuffs, dog collar and leash. Many compliments. I must admit I was chained to more than one man throughout the evening. There was much dancing and I was fortunate enough to run into my legal secretary in a bar downtown. What are the odds of running into your secretary while in costume in Mexico. She was frightened and hasn't shown up to work since...Hmmm...The next day was more running, more beer, and more debauchery. We piled into the buses for the ride back to San Diego and then I carpooled back to Ventura County with G. What a weekend.

I'm going to have to edit this post later as it is getting too long and even I am getting bored with it. Ugh.

2 comments:

Frank Garrett said...

Definitely one of the better blogs I've read in the past few months! But we need pix, especially of the 2.5" outie & the red dress. And the roller rink in southern China. I'm looking forward to reading more.

PS: Maybe your secretary merely got on the wrong bus and now she's riding nekkid over the Panama Canal.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.