Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Fun things to do when you're pregnant #2

I'm learning that now that I look pregnant people look at me differently. Lots of folks ask if it's a boy or girl, when due, etc., so at least now I look pregnant rather than just like I was putting on the pounds.

So yesterday Q called me at work and asked me to pick up some beer on the way home. I didn't think twice and waddled on into the local grocery store, grabbed a 12 pack of Sam Adams, then grabbed a pack of marked down 4th of July cupcakes and headed to the express check out. I didn't consider how this looked until the checker asked if I was planning a wild night while glaring at me and my belly. The only thing that would have made the moment more entertaining is if I'd have asked for a pack of Marlboro's to go with it. And yes, I was wearing flip flops and a tank top to add to the look.

Next time I'll have to get some hard liquor too.

2 comments:

BH said...

You should buy a pack of cigarettes and then ask for a book of matches!

Blogger said...

Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigarettes? I buy high quality cigs over at Duty Free Depot and I'm saving over 70% from cigarettes.