Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Incredible Expanding Woman

Spoke with MB the other day and he begged for a recent picture of my ever-expanding self. Ever one to please, I asked Q to take one last weekend. I handed him the camera and he took this one of me from behind. He's romantic like that.
You can hardly tell I'm pregnant, right? Some might even think, "Wow, nice arse." Then I turn to the side and people flee at the sight of The Great Pumpkin:
I don't know what's up with my hair, either. I got it cut - a phenomenon among preggos - we feel ugly so we go do something like lop off our locks so we can go home and cry about it to our bewildered spouses. Then we put our feet up and eat ice cream while lamenting the loss of hair. I believe it was BH who once asked what a cankle is. This, my friends, is a cankle:
I actually think it may be a thankle on some days. Note the crease in skin and severe ankle bulge. I can no longer wear anything but men's extra-wide flip flops, and those sometimes leave an indentation. In fact, if you push on my foot you leave a fingerprint. Still, I'd rather have the cankles than the hemorrhoids that most preggos get.

Finally, yes, that is Midge in the background. I'm having a hard time parting with her. Interested callers are treated rudely and not even allowed to come see her as I decide they are not worthy for some reason or other. As Q says, we can just disconnect the battery, cover her up in the barn, and run her once a month until we decide what to do. Sounds good to me.

Bye the way, Lentil is due in about a month!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That, my dear, is impressive. Decide for yourself which aspect.

BA

BH said...

I'm rather certain it would have been someone like MB asking about cankles. I think women are born knowing what they are.

One more month! Woohoo! Can't wait to start the corruption...I mean education process

Unknown said...

HOLY SHIT!!!

Someone else does read your blog.

Oh, and nice ankles!!

Great pictures, you are truly large and in charge.

Good stuff!!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!! Guess I haven't seen ya for a while. I cannot believe how big your belly is, sorry but all that comes to mind is WOW!!!!!!!!!! I'm back in town lets go to lunch or something.

Bob said...

What is it with women and their concern with their butts? I've never met a woman who didn't fret over that part of their body. Speaking of women, is that Midge I see in one picture? I thought she was on her way out? Glad the old girl is still around.