Monday, March 13, 2006

Puerto Rico Part II - A Clean Atlantic and a Dirty Mind

After a few days soaking up laid back island life with the poofters, we headed over to San Juan on the main island of Puerto Rico so JP could tend to business.

San Juan is a pretty big city so we ended up staying at the Condado Beach Resort, which was a standard upscale hotel with excellent views on the beach side. This was the view from our balcony:And this is a picture of the big, clear, blue Atlantic Ocean taken from the balcony one morning:I've been swimming in the Atlantic in New England and trust me, it doesn't look like that.

We didn't have time for much other than a stroll around town and some dinner the first night in San Juan but I did notice a few interesting things while we were out walking around looking for a decent beer (Note: Puerto Rico has crappy beer).

While we were walking around admiring the architecture of Old San Juan, I noticed these cool head statues (busts?) someone had on their porch:Of course, just as I was marveling at the artistic nature of the pleasant little neighborhood we'd stumbled upon I noticed this bit of urban prose nearby and my faith in humanity and all things beautiful was restored:

No comments: