Thursday, April 06, 2006

Flannel, livestock and Kenny

I realize you don't come here for photos but not much else is going on in my life right now so here are some more photos I took yesterday in the snow:
Oh, wait! Some of you might appreciate this: I purchased an article of clothing at the grocery store yesterday. I know, you probably didn't know grocery stores carried clothing but you don't know Tehachapi. The article of clothing? Brace yourself, a plaid, woolly-lined flannel shirt. Even worse, I used my new Albertsons card and am sure it's now on record that I purchased a flannel shirt at a grocery store. I probably should've picked up some Wild Turkey and a Hungryman dinner to complete the picture.

And yes, I am wearing the flannel right now. And I'm listening to one of the valley's four country music stations. I think plaid enhances the quality of country music because I just found myself singing along with Kenny Rogers. Or maybe it's all the time I've been spending around the ranch.

The real reason for this post was to show you (especially BlowHo) this picture:
That's Squiggy, a pygmy nubian goat I helped deliver last week. I call him Squiggy because he's got a squiggly line down his back. Yes, he looks a little feminine to me too. Anyhow, he'll be moving to my place as soon as I put up a fence and find a boyfriend for him. Think the boyfriend will be Lenny...

For those of you disappointed in the boring posts lately, hang in there - I'm headed to hear a live country band at the local honky tonk tomorrow night. It will be my first social outing in the mountains and should provide some sort of entertainment.

4 comments:

BH said...

I thought MB volunteered for the boyfriend role?

Anonymous said...

I just hope you didn't mark your new territory with an indelible and regrettable first impression.

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, Glib... Send me directions!
You had me at "I helped deliver..." Can somebody with marine mammal experience get in on that action? AND does your flannel shirt match the lamb's?

Anonymous said...

We had many returners, but only two with names I can recall, Lap Dancer and Never Comes. Visitors, JusColin, plus Wings. BananAppeal and Wettest Lay from the Ventura Hash provided the highlight of the night with a magnificent display of breasts (Wettest Lay). These were beautifully shaped, round and perky with nice stiff nipples. They bounced just right, clearly not fake, and aroused many of the viewers to the point they had
Vol. X, Ed. 5 – Zeptember 2004
Page 6
to run to their cars “for just a minute” and relieve themselves. It was even noted that Little Dutch Boy made such a trip.