Wednesday, June 01, 2005

The 28-Day Rule

For those of you who think something is wrong with the site, never fear, there is only something wrong with the author. I did write a post earlier about some events from this weekend but opted to remove it in the interest of privacy. The gist of it, however, was that JP and I are kaput as a result of a pineapple rind, some pig poo and one too many Jello shots. Go figure.

And so life goes on. The good news for you is that I am back on the market which means I will likely resort to internet dating if, for nothing else, entertainment and free meals. After all, there must be a few engineers and recluses out there I haven't met...

I know, I know...I should take some time to myself to regroup, etc., etc. But it's not as bad as some folks think and people get strange when they spend too much time being single and most folks know I am already strange enough. Besides, I rather like having a sidekick.

That said, the 28 day rule is officially in effect and the celibacy the clock started Monday.

What is the 28 day rule, you say? It's a rule I came up with at the tender age of 15 after seeing one too many of my friends get knocked up and not know who the father was. After your third trip to Planned Parenthood in a Yugo with a sobbing friend you start to wonder how to avoid getting in that situation yourself. At that time I couldn't fathom how you could not know who the father of your baby was since you should be able to pinpoint your sex partners in any given month. Then I realized some people cannot control themselves and actually have relations with more than one person per month, week, day, and sometimes hour! This led me to create the 28 day rule, which is simply that I don't sleep with more than one person per month/menstrual cycle. Keeps me off Jerry Springer with the rest of the C family and usually makes me think twice about taking advantage of some situations that may arise, including the one from last night, S, but we won't go there. I've never regretted having the rule and anyone who doesn't see the logic and absurdity in it is probably unfit for a logically absurd gal such as myself anyhow.

So there you have it. Celibacy for the month of June (probably longer in this county - the last drought was eight months!). It is a rather daunting and unpleasant thought. A memorial fund for the demise of my sex life has been established. Please send C batteries in lieu of flowers...

No comments: